IT & OT were like twin brothers who could not grow together and bond. This made their goals; approach, focus and people who manage were different
IT & OT were like twin brothers who could not grow together and bond. This made their goals; approach, focus and people who manage were different. Industry 4.0 created an opportunity for these estranged brothers to work together, share data and aligned towards the same organization goals. This new possibility, can make both IT and OT department collaboratively work together for bringing transparency across organization, reducing costs and eliminating wastes.
Future technologies are founded on data and for enterprise software it comes through billions of devices connected across various products, machines of the company within and outside the four walls of the company. With IT/OT collaboratively working together, Enterprise Software will have access to and to generate insights to understand
- Product usage, trends that can enable companies to come with new offerings, business models
- With connected Enterprise Software, market insights, customer needs will get quickly translate into realities resulting in decreased cost of manufacturing, lower inventory Connected Enterprise Software will be intelligent to recommend Predictive, Prescriptive and Autonomous Decisions and in some cases execute them, in the next 5 years.
These are still early days. Enterprise Software giants like like SAP,.Infor , SAP, Oracle are working on releasing their own IOT platforms and partnering with OT companies to introduce new product and service offerings The next few years will be quite interesting to see new opportunities in the areas
- Integration of IT and OT applications
- Missing middle solutions that can be hooked on to the IT/OT platform
- Professional Services to better use Enterprise Software