Problems with using Old version of Infor ERP LN
- First and most is old version of Infor ERP systems lack latest functionalities.
- Older version of Infor LN (BaaN IV and BaaN V) was not having impressive GUI. Front end screen was not very user friendly
- End of support to older versions of ERP makes the business susceptible to data security breaches
- Old Infor ERP is not enabled with cloud support. This makes more sense for small-scale organizations as they look for value for money with cloud-based features.
- Old Infor ERP systems are unfit for accessing in smartphones which require a responsive design to be able to fit to all screen sizes.
- Furthermore, their inability to integrate with latest third party applications
Signs that indicate that your ERP is outdated
- ERP system becoming a liability on your business The ERP system you installed a couple of years ago was probably a wise decision to streamline the processes and improve efficiency of your business. On the contrary, the same ERP system today is consuming majority of your time in system upgrades, rising maintenance cost and with hardly any time left for innovation in business processes. Such a system is nothing but a liability
- Internal teams are feeling the more pain It is always the internal teams who have to bear the weight of older ERP systems. Old ERP systems require manual effort to access data and require custom development to extract data. That means teams are using manual, time-consuming workarounds to overcome limitations. They cobble data together in massive spreadsheets to make up for weak analytics or non-existent integrations. They spend time aggregating and consolidating data to build reports and dashboards.
- Lagging process The process efficiency might have seen a significant rise in the past. But over a couple of months, there has been no improvement in the process efficiency. All your efforts to innovate are obstructed by process lags and further complexities. The end goal of ERP system is to increase output, but it is just the opposite what you are experiencing right now
- No-cloud support – no flexibility In today’s mobile business environment, you cannot afford to function without cloud support. There is no flexibility in operation and your business visibility is standstill on the move. Cloud ERP is smart choice for your business owing to its myriad abilities like automatic updates, vendor-backed maintenance and upgrade, lower cost of deployment, ubiquitous and anytime access, greater flexibility, easy scalability, access to real-time data and high-level security. If you are not providing this business value, your competitors might have an edge on you.
- What problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized? The biggest advantage of an ERP is it integrate various departments data and brings it one single platform. Infor LN exactly provides that. The benefits realized is in terms of cost effectiveness, better data reporting, better control of inventory, automation of various business processes, considerable reduction in manual efforts of the Business Users.
Your ERP system is foundational to your entire business. Paying to maintain a slow, inadequate system can prevent your business from reaching its full growth potential. While the excess burden on teams to do their jobs may seem like just a cost of doing business, when you add it up, it is a drag on growth. Adding in the impact on customers and critical suppliers and partners, the fallout from slow, inefficient, and cumbersome systems can cost you even more growth. But the answer is simple: upgrade your current Infor ERPLN System.
nicheBees is a specialized ERPLN consulting company working with major global companies across the world to help them realize better business results out of their existing investment on ERPLN for last 10+ years. For more details, reach out to us on connect@nicheBees.com